Thursday 24 April 2014

Voice in My Head

Sleep ends with the sharp sound of the alarm on my phone. With one eye lazily open, I check the time on my phone, 8:31 A.M. I reason with myself. If I sleep for another half an hour I could still have enough time to get ready, shower, have breakfast and be out of the house by 10 or 10:15 at the worst…

SNOOZE!


 I wake up with a sudden snap. 9:47 A.M. S-H-I-T I should be out in 15 minutes (LOL that's not happening). With brush in one hand, I shower as fast as I can, put some food in my mouth and pick up the first shirt and pant I see.

By 10:25, I’m on the road. Should have shaved.
No time, man.

There’s some sort of a weird spot on my jeans.
Nobody cares.

How did this shirt suddenly get smaller and tighter?
You've survived on restaurant food for five days at a stretch now.

Oh look at that. My phone has no balance.
When does it ever?

Man I hope I don’t screw this up. There could be a lot riding on today.
You probably will.

Why are you doing this to me? Don’t you want me to have a good time?
Define good time.

You know.
Yes, I do know. Which is why I know you’ll probably screw it up.

Hell of an encouraging influence you are.
Influence? You’re hearing things and I’m the bad influence?

Anyway, look she just texted “in 2”. I’ll get back to you later okay?
Later when?

Later when I get home. We can sit and talk then.
Yeah sure, we can sit and talk about what an idiot you are going to be from now till you get home. Bye.

Bye.
.
.
.
.

“Hi!”




No comments:

Post a Comment